Non-degree applicants want to take college classes without pursuing a degree. The coursework will not lead to an associate degree or certificate, but you will still earn college credits.
Kingsborough accepts non-degree applications year-round. Application deadlines are based on enrollment and class availability. Please contact the One-Stop Center at 718-368-6700 if you need more information.
NOTE: Non-degree students pay a higher per-credit rate and are not eligible for financial aid or the flat full-time tuition rate.
We are currently accepting non-degree applications for the Winter and Spring 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Complete the Non-Degree Online Application
Step 2: Submit Education Transcript and Supporting Documents
If you’ve never attended college before:
You’ll need to submit proof of high school graduation or GED/TASC diploma.
If you’re a transfer student:
As a transfer applicant, you must provide:
- An official high school transcript or equivalency diploma
- An official transcript from each college/university attended
- An official transcript from each proprietary school attended (if applicable)
If you were educated outside the United States:
- Students with foreign documents must first have all of their documents translated and evaluated. In order to do so, please have them evaluated by one of the CUNY approved linked evaluations services.
- SpanTran credential evaluation service has created a custom application for KCC students that will make sure you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate ($170 for the evaluation). You can access their application by clicking here.
Submitting your documents:
- Official electronic college transcripts can be sent to Sendtranscript.email@example.com
- Official paper transcripts can be mailed to:
Kingsborough Community College
Admissions Office Room V-101
2001 Oriental Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Step 3: Pay Your Application Fee
A non-refundable $65 fee will be charged to your account. Payment is required before you can register. If you do not register for the semester for which you have applied, payment can be applied for the following semester.
Veterans of the United States Military Service, those currently on active duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves may obtain an application fee waiver by answering the US Military Status question on the CUNY application and submitting proof of their Veteran/Military status (i.e., DD-214, Current Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders).
Step 4: Submit Proof of Immunization
If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (including a Meningococcal Meningitis response form) must be completed and signed before selecting classes.
Please call the Office of Health Services at 718-368-5684 for the free immunization clinic schedule or further clarification of immunization requirements.
Please allow 10 - 14 business days for further instructions
Are you 60 or older?
Kingsborough Community College offers adults 60 years or older the opportunity to attend college classes tuition free via its My Turn Program. A registration fee of $80 covers either fall and winter or spring and summer classes. Applicants who must have reached their 60th birthday by the first day of classes. To learn more, contact the My Turn Office: 718-368-5079.