Carroll and Milton Petrie Emergency Fund:
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund provides eligible students facing short-term, non-recurring emergencies with a one-time grant to alleviate the situation. To ensure that the greatest number of students in need get assistance, recipients will receive only one grant during their tenure at KCC.
The grant seeks to assist students so they can continue and complete their education at the College. Preference will be given to students with extreme emergencies. All grant requests will require documentation. You must submit documentation(s) attesting to the validity of any claims made or reasons given for the request. Applications that do not include accompanying documentation will not be considered.
Examples of emergency include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of job by student or family member
- Fire, flooding or other natural disaster affecting living quarters
- Theft of computer, textbooks or other academic equipment
- Eyeglasses or essential dental work
- Travel for death of immediate family member
- Homelessness or impending homelessness due to loss of housing or temporary inability to pay rent/mortgage
- Loss of child care
- Need for season-appropriate clothing or clothing necessary for work or job interview
- On-campus food services for student and immediate family members
- Transportation fees and fares to school or medical appointments
Note: Petrie grants will not be given for tuition cost, college debts or legal representation.
Click here for application: (see attached Petrie App 2019. If you have a problem filling out the application or have a question please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit A216 (Office of Student Affairs).