HOW TO REQUEST A MEETING ROOM
When planning an event on campus, it is in your best interest to reserve a meeting room before proceeding with your plans. Our meeting space is heavily used particularly during the Fall and Spring semesters so scheduling a meeting room first ensures that your have secured meeting space for your desired date.
Please e-mail your request to the Events Management e-mailbox.
You should receive an e-mail in reply either confirming your requesting or advising that a room is not available and suggesting that you select an alternate date. For most single room requests, you will receive a reply within 3 to 4 days. The Office of Events Management schedules over 2,000 activities annually so your patience is appreciated.
Please provide the following information in your e-mail.
1. Name of event
2. Name of organization sponsoring event
3. Brief description on the purpose of your event.
4. Preferred date (it's best to list alternate dates in case your first date is not available.)
5. Time of your event (start time and end time)
6. Size of group (how many people do you expect to attend your event?)
7. Will food be provided? (If so what type of arrangements do you have in mind -- buffet or light snacks)? (On-campus or off-campus caterer?)
8. Will you need audio visual equipment in your meeting room? Do you require an internet connection?
9. Is this event solely for our campus community or do you expect guests from off campus as well?
Many of these variables affect the size and type of room required for your event.
Requests for student activities (student club activities, dances, etc.) will continue to be directed to the Office of Student Life.
The Office of Events Management