Varattur D. Reddy (V.D. Reddy), Professor of Chemistry (Physical Sciences), Kingsborough
Professor Varattur D. Reddy is an Organic Chemistry Doctoral Faculty at the Graduate
Center-CUNY and Director of NMR Facility at Kingsborough. Varattur Reddy’s research
focuses on the synthesis of organic and organometallic compounds as anticancer and
anti-Alzheimer’s agents. Organic synthesis involves total synthesis of natural and
unnatural products and modified carbohydrates. Organometallic chemistry involves synthesis
of novel organometallic catalysts, efficient methodologies for the synthesis of biologically
active molecules, bioorganometallics, and drug delivery systems. Research facilities
at Kingsborough are 400 MHz NMR Facility, IR, GC, and HPLC.
Selected Publications and/or Other Resources
- Reddy, V. D.; Dayal, D.; Szalda, D.J. Cosenza, S.C.; Reddy, M.V.R. " Synthesis and characterization
of triruthenium carbonyl incorporating 4-pyridones as potential anti-tumor agents
". J. Organomet. Chem, 2018, 872, 102.
- Reddy, V. D.; Dayal, D.; Szalda, D.J. Cosenza, S.C.; Reddy, M.V.R. " Ruthenium carbonyl containing
4-pyrones as potent anticancer agents". J. Organomet. Chem, 2018, 872, 135.
- Reddy, V. D., Greener Organic Chemistry Experiments 1 A Miniscale and Microscale 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- Reddy, V. D., Greener Organic Chemistry Experiments 2 A Miniscale and Microscale 3rd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- Reddy, V. D. Organometallic Anticancer Complexes". U.S. Pat. 2012/032507 and Int. Pat. WO 2012/138988
- Reddy, V. D.; Dayal, D.; Szalda, D.J. Cosenza, S.C.; Reddy, M.V.R. " Synthesis, structures, and
anticancer activity of novel organometallic ruthenium-maltol complexes". J. Organomet. Chem, 2012, 700, 180.
- Reddy, V. D.; Howard, M.; Milien, M. "Attempts to minimize the excess CO2 in earth's atmosphere using ruthenium compound," Journal of Undergraduate Research, 2009, IX, 170
- Reddy, V. D.; Dayal, D.; Cosenza, S.C.; Reddy. M.V. R.; Pearl. Jr., W.C.; Adams, R.D. "Glycal
ruthenium carbonyl clusters: Synthesis, characterization, and anticancer activity," J.Organomet. Chem, 2009, 694, 959.
- Reddy, V. D. "Synthesis, characterization, and reactivity of a novel ruthenium carbonyl cluster
containing tri-O-benzyl-D-glucal as a chiral carbohydrate ligand," J. Organomet. Chem, 2006, 691, 27.
- Reddy, V.D.; Franck, R.W. "Cleavage and Activation of Benzylidene Lactones with N-Bromosuccinimide," J. Org. Chem. 1993, 58, 6911