NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Save the Date:
We will be hosting a virtual New Student Q&A Session
on Thursday, December 16th from 3:30pm to 4:30pm.
You can pop in to have any questions
you have answered or learn about what KCC has to offer.
Welcome to Kingsborough Community College. We are excited that you’ve decided to join us. We have all the information readily available for you on this page! You can freely browse the information tabs that provide you with past communication, resources, FAQs, events and mandatory trainings.
New students are required to complete 3 mandatory trainings:
- NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION Onboarding Checklist COURSE :
This course is designed to help you become familiar with the college, our services, policies, programs, and more. This course can be found on the New Student Orientation webpage under the mandatory trainings tab.
- ARE YOU READY? BLACKBOARD COURSE:
The “Are You Ready?” online readiness tool is designed to prepare students for taking an online course. Whether the course is hybrid or asynchronous, this tool will cover a variety of topics that help students navigate in an online environment. The Are You Ready? Course can be found in your Blackboard account.
- SPARC TRAINING BLACKBOARD COURSE:
The SPARC training course provides students with education and training about sexual misconduct, including domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment, gender-based harassment and sexual violence. This course is mandatory for all new students, as well as special and high-risk student populations enrolled at their campuses. Once completed, it will be noted on your CUNYfirst and Blackboard accounts. The SPARC training course can be found in your Blackboard account.
Need Support? Have more questions?
- Questions about your classes? Contact your Academic Advisor via the Advisement Academies: http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/AdvisementAcademies/index.html
- Questions about technology? Check out: https://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/its/Homepage.html
- Questions about tuition payment? Contact the Bursar's Office: (718) 368-5416
- Questions about financial aid? Contact the Office of Financial Aid: https://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/financialaid/homepage.html
Other questions? Contact the Office of Student Affairs: email@example.com
A Welcome from President Claudia V. Schrader
Kingsborough Community College – A Students Perspective