In response to the COVID-19 threat, the Admissions Information Center staff are working
remotely and only available via email and phone.
CUNY requires new students to pay a non-refundable commitment deposit of $100. This deposit notifies us of your intent to enroll and will be credited to your first semester tuition charges. The deposit is due by May 1 for the Fall semester and December 1 for the Spring semester. If you are accepted after these dates, the deposit is due 15 days after receipt of your acceptance letter.
You may pay this deposit by cash, check or money order to the Bursar's Office in Room A-205 along with the completed commitment deposit form that was sent with your acceptance letter. If you wish to mail your deposit and commitment form, (please do not mail cash): Kingsborough Community College, Bursar's Office, Mail Code BU, 2001 Oriental Blvd, Brooklyn, NY 11235.
If you meet one of the following criteria, your deposit may be waived, however you must still complete and return the commitment form indicating the waiver request on it.
- Students may have the Commitment Tuition Deposit waived by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less.
- Students admitted to the College Discovery Program
- Students accepted to the ASAP Program
- Students accepted to the CUNYStart Program
- Students applying for an F-1 student visa