President’s Weekly Messages to Students
Here for you
Monday, January 31, 2022
Dear KCC Students,
I know that some days it feels like sunshine. You wake up with a smile on your face. Things are going your way. You are optimistic about the future. You feel empowered to accomplish anything you set your mind to and you are on track to achieve your goals.
I also know that some days it’s overcast. Emotionally or mentally, things seem gray and dark. You might feel sad, defeated or powerless. Maybe you feel like nothing is going your way. Maybe you are disappointed in yourself or in others. Maybe you are having a hard time at work, in relationships, or in school. Maybe you feel overwhelmed.
Here is what I know for sure: there is no shame in seeking help or talking to someone who can help you find your way back to hope, better days, your goals, and your ray of sunshine. All you need to do is reach out.
KCC Wellness Services are here for you. You can reach them at:
The Counseling Center – 718-368-5975 or email: Counseling.Center@kbcc.cuny.edu
The Health Center - 718-368-5684
The Wellness Center - 718-368-5300
The Women's Center - 718-368-4700
- If you are in crisis, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- CUNY Crisis Text Line: Text CUNY to 741741
- COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline and Vaccination Information 1-844-863-9314
- NYC Well 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355) or text WELL to 65173
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQIA+ suicide prevention) 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678678
- The JED Foundation 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Safe Horizon Helpline (domestic violence resource) 1-800-621-4673
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 1-800-799-7233
- SAMHSA Helpline (Substance Abuse/Mental Health) 1-800-662-4357