TRANSFER ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS
Kingsborough Articulation Agreements, Dual Enrollment Agreements, and Partnerships
Kingsborough Community College (KCC) maintains, and continually updates and expands, its transfer articulation agreements with four-year institutions. A transfer articulation agreement is a written contract between Kingsborough Community College and a four-year college or university that contains agreed upon courses or programs that will transfer over to that particular senior institution. This is an assurance that if students complete courses or academic programs at KCC with satisfactory grades (as specified by the receiving institutions), and apply and are accepted to the four-year institution, those completed courses or programs will be applied towards the baccalaureate degree. To maximize the transfer of credits earned at KCC, students are strongly urged to complete the Associate degree before transferring to a senior college.
Search Existing Transfer Articulation Agreements: By Degree Program at 4-Year College
Mental Health/Human Services Empire
|Graphic Design & Illustration||NYCTech|
|B.F.A. Theatre Arts||Lehman|
|Articulation Agreement for Social Work Degree||MedgarEvers|
|B.A. Theatre Arts||Lehman|
Kingsborough also aims to increase its dual enrollment agreements with senior colleges, guaranteeing students admission into the four-year program if they follow the terms of the dual agreement.
- A dual agreement called A.S. Speech Communication exists between Kingsborough and Brooklyn College for students majoring in Speech Communication at KCC.
- A dual agreement called "The CUNY Justice Academy", exists between Kingsborough and John Jay College of Criminal Justice for students majoring in Criminal Justice at KCC.
- CUNY BA accepts students while they are completing their Associate degree at Kingsborough. CUNY BA is the CUNY University-wide, individualized degree. It is an exciting, versatile, rewarding degree route for highly-motivated, self-directed students whose academic goals transcend traditional majors. Students create their own degree plans working directly with faculty mentors and academic advisors.
Partnerships are special arrangements between Kingsborough and top colleges and universities, allowing for smooth transfer with scholarship to these four-year institutions:
- New York Universitys Community College Transfer Opportunity Program (CCTOP) is a scholarship and assistance program which allows smooth transfer to Steinhardt School, McGhee School, and soon Nursing School at NYU.
- Columbia University's School of General Studies accepts high-achieving KCC students for transfer with scholarship.
- Special programs for non-traditional female students (age 24 or older) at Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and Wellesley College provide community college transfer pathways with substantial scholarship.
- The Exploring Transfer (ET) Summer Program at Vassar College provides high-achieving first-generation and disadvantaged community college students a five-week intensive residential experience on full scholarship, enabling students to complete six credits. A number of ET students apply and are accepted to Vassar each year to earn their baccalaureate degree.
Please visit the Office of the Dean of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment in A-228 or call (718) 368-5029 to find out more information about transfer agreements.