Freshmen Applicants (Degree Status)
Please be sure that this is the CORRECT APPLICATION for you. Since Graduating from high school or receiving a GED Diploma, have you
attended a college, university, or post secondary institution?
If yes, you are required to complete a transfer application; if no, complete a freshman application.
Please use the following checklist to assist you in completing the freshman application
process (preliminary documents):
- A completed and signed City University of New York (CUNY) Application.
- A $65.00 personal check or money order or credit card (if applying via web) payable
to the University Application Processing Center (U.A.P.C.); Please no cash .
- Proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR s) if you are born on or
after January 1, 1957 MMR's (including a Meningococcal Meningitis response form) must
be completed and signed before selecting classes. Please call the Office of Health
Services at 718-368-5684 for the free immunization clinic schedule or further clarification
of immunization requirements.
- High School graduates and G.E.D. recipients request an official transcript from your
high school and have it mailed to the U.A.P.C.
- When submitting applications to the U.A.P.C please send photocopies of original documents.
Please have required official high school transcripts mailed directly to U.A.P.C.
- When submitting applications in person at K.C.C. Room V100 please bring all original
documents (copies will be made for you). Please have the required official high school
transcript mailed to the Office of Admissions at K.C.C. (Room A112).
Please call 718-368-4600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
CUNY does not accept the following as proof of high school graduation: IEP Diploma
or a diploma from a non-public correspondence, online or virtual high school. Applicants
with these types of high school credentials must successfully complete the GED examination
to be considered for admission to a CUNY college.
If you were educated (high school or college) abroad file on-line (Please click)
All first time students are required to take the CUNY Assessment Tests after submission
of the College admission application and acceptance to the College. A test date will
be mailed or issued to you. If necessary please call the Office of Testing at 718-368-4975.